DVDs ARE NOW AVAILABLE! Buy it now!
WHERE TO BUY DVDs:
-Cesare Toffolo Studio
Fondamenta dei Vetrai 37, 30141 Murano (Venezia)
-Emanuel Toffolo flameworking glass studio
Via San Mauro 330, 30142 Burano (Venezia)
-Rioda Umberto Tabaccheria
Fondamenta dei Vetrai 89, 30141 Murano (Venezia)
-Murano Glass Museum
Fondamenta Giustinian 8, 30141 Murano (Venezia)
-Le Stanze del Vetro
Isola di San Giorgio, Venezia
-Estro – Vino e Cucina
Dorsoduro 3778, 30123 Venezia
-Corning Museum bookshop
Museum Way 1, Corning (NY) USA
MURANO: THE UNBEARABLE LIGHTNESS OF GLASS
- A film by Elia Toffolo, Emanuel Toffolo, Caterina Toso
- Genre: Documentary
- Direction: Emanuel ToffoloProduction: Association no-profit InMurano
- Photography: Emanuel Toffolo, Michele Back
- Audio: Daniele Trevisanello
- Editing: Emanuel Toffolo
- Cameras: Marta Formentello, Daniele Trevisanello,Emanuel Toffolo, Elia Toffolo
- Music: Giovanni Bettinello, Luigi Gorgoni, Max Piva, Elia Toffolo, Emanuel Toffolo, Davide Tosi, Riccardo Tosi
- With: Lucio Bubacco, Vittorio Costantini, Davide Salvadore, Pino Signoretto, Lino Tagliapietra, Cesare Toffolo
Murano and its art told through lives, words and works of six of the most skilled Murano glass-masters. A story written through their eyes to tell the story that is never told: the story of a isle in crisis but that does not give up, the story of passionate men about glass which becomes art through their hands, the story of who works every day to carry on an ancient tradition looking at the future instead of being closed off in the past. A journey through Murano of glass in order to better understand, through the eyes of who live here on a daily basis, problems and hopes and to identify the path to re-launch Murano in the future. A strong message for new generations who will be in charge of giving to Murano and its art a brilliant future.
Presented in 2016 in Italy and in Corning Museum NY during GAS conference.
It won the Best Art Feauture Award at Eugene Film Festival 2016 (USA)!